What cricket bat does Joe Root use?
Joe Root currently bats with a New Balance TC 1260. The TC 1260 Cricket Bat is top of the line and is made from Grade 1 Plus English Willow.
About New Balance and the TC 1260 cricket bat
New Balance Athletics, Inc. (NB), best known as simply New Balance, is one of the world's major sports footwear and apparel manufacturers. Based in Boston, Massachusetts, the multinational corporation was founded in 1906 as the New Balance Arch Support Company.
The weapon of choice for England's Joe Root, the TC is superbly balance for all-round stroke play, ideal for back foot attacking play & players who love hitting the ball on the rise!
- Superior Grade 1 unbleached English willow with straight grains, minor blemishes on the face & a hint of colour
- Traditional blade length allows for an elongated sweet spot
- Traditional handle length gives extra control & consistent grip location
- High blade power-zone for all round stroke play & hitting on the rise
- Flatter face maximises mass in the spine creating a more powerful profile
- Expertly concaved for superb pickup, allowing for maximum edge & full blade spine
- Traditional rounded toe for comfort & balance
- Weight range (senior sizes only): 2lb8oz to 2lb10oz
- All New Balance bats come as a natural finish & require FULL preparation before use! Toe guard fitted at factory to reduce water ingress & reduce damage from tapping on the ground
- High sweet spot (250mm from the toe of the bat), suitable for players who like to play horizontal bat shots. The higher sweet spot also gives a lighter pick up
- Mid swell
- 6 piece Singapore cane oval handle
New Balance TC 1260 Cricket Bat Review
About Joe Root
Joseph Edward Root, MBE (born 30 December 1990) is an English international cricketer, who plays for the England Test and One Day International (ODI) teams, and formerly captained the Test team. He also represents Yorkshire in English domestic cricket.
Root made his Test debut in 2012, his ODI debut in 2013, and played for the England Twenty20 International team between 2012 and 2019. He captained England's Test team between February 2017 and April 2022, and holds the records for most Test matches (64), wins (27) and losses (26) as England captain. On the occasion of England's 1,000th Test in 2018, Root was named in the country's greatest all-time Test XI by the England and Wales Cricket Board. He was part of the England team that won the 2019 Cricket World Cup and was England's leading run-scorer at the tournament. He was named both the ICC Men's Test Cricketer of the Year and the Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World for 2021. In June 2022, he became the second batsman for England, and fourteenth overall, to score 10,000 Test runs.
A right-handed batsman, Root originally played as an opener but has played the majority of his cricket for England in the middle order. He is England's second-highest run-scorer in Tests behind Alastair Cook, and England's second-highest run-scorer in ODIs behind Eoin Morgan. He holds the record for most ODI centuries for England with 16 and, along with James Anderson, holds the world record for highest tenth-wicket stand in Tests (198). Root also bowls occasional off spin. On 23 December 2022, he was bought by Rajasthan Royals in the IPL 2023 auction. (Reference: Wikipedia)Joe Root on ESPN Cricinfo